Saturday 10 October 2015

Autumn Favourites

Hey guys, just a quick post about a few of my favourite things at the moment that I thought everyone should know about!


First up is skincare. Like a lot of people I suffer from dry skin, and like a lot of people this dry skin becomes more of a problem around this time of year.
Autumn/Winter is definitely my favourite time of year and I'm not about to let it be ruined by dry, irritated skin so I've been on the hunt for some really good new skincare products to introduce into my daily routine. I've always struggled with finding skin and face products that actually work and feel good at the same time, but these products seem to do just that (fortunately)


 This is my first ever purchase from Lush, even though I always love going into the store for a nosey around. The lady in the shop told me it was great for dry skin as it's a good exfoliator but also helps to wake up your skin and make you look and feel a bit more awake, which is always helpful in my case as I'm used to just rolling out of bed looking like a zombie. So far I've only used the mask on my face and it's been working really well and smells amazing too! All it needs is about 10-15 minutes to work its magic and leaves my skin feeling smooth and awake.

2. Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser (REN Skincare) - £15
Now REN products are a little pricier than what I'd normally go for, but they're so worth it. This cleanser is basically just a face wash but it's really easy on the skin and works really well. It helps to remove excess dead skin cells and other pollutants and also uplift and detox your skin. The cleanser doesn't cause any irritation which is great because my skin is extra sensitive around this time of year and also smells super nice because of the peppermint oil. Definite fave at the moment!

3. Emollient Rescue Cream (REN Skincare) - £20
Another lifesaver from REN, this moisturiser is magic in a tube. (Again a little pricey but totally worth it..) The rescue cream is nice and thick so feels really good on the skin and has tonnes of benefits, like protecting from UV damage, protecting against free radicals, reducing skin sensitivity and protecting facial vessels. Basically an all rounder and can be applied whenever you feel like you need it but I find it works best if you try and use it morning and night to keep your skin feeling nice and soft.

4. Lip Balm (REN Skincare) - £9
This is my final purchase from REN and like the previous 2 had really good results! I always find that I buy lip balms every so often but they only seem to work for about 10 minutes and just leave my lips feeling greasy. This one from REN is a different story though, it's really good for dry, chapped lips and is great for soothing and protecting lips from the cold weather.

5. Hydra Energetic Eye roll-on (L'OrĂ©al Men Expert) - Currently £10.99 at Boots
I've always been a bit sceptical about buying eye roll-ons as to whether they actually work or not, but I also always seem to have bad bags and dark circles under my eyes so thought it was high time I tried one out. This is one of only a few eye products for men I could find for relatively cheap (I didn't want to spend too much on my first one) as the ones for women sometimes seemed to contain some sort of concealer to cover up dark circles. I use the roll-on morning and night and so far have found it works quite well at combating tired eyes and makes my eyes feel refreshed and more awake which is definitely good!

The last thing on my faves list is this fragrance from Zara (£12.99). I first bought aftershave from Zara when holidaying in Tenerife for about 8 euros or something ridiculously cheap and expected it to be just alright, but was really surprised at how nice it smelt. So when that recently ran out I thought I'd try a new one from Zara and actually like this one even more. The smell is quite similar to Hugo Boss' original fragrance and is perfect for everyday wear, and at 100ml it should last me a while too so definitely a good purchase!

Thanks for reading!
Nathan x

No comments:

Post a Comment